Whether you need part-time paralegal assistance in addition to the fabulous staff you already have, or you are currently solo but could use some paralegal support, there are numerous benefits to using a freelance paralegal. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should use a freelance paralegal:
1. Gain high-quality legal assistance
Experienced paralegals who can do the work with no training and little direction are difficult to find. By using a freelance paralegal, you have access to high-quality legal work without spending time or money searching for the right employee and without the need to employ someone full-time.
2. Only pay for what you need, when you need it
- No monthly salaries
- No benefits
- No overhead costs
- No recruiting costs
By using a freelance paralegal, you do not pay for vacations, sick time, paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement contributions, office space, equipment, payroll taxes, workers compensation, recruiting costs, overtime, bonuses, or salaries, whether there is enough work to justify those expenses or not.
3. Alleviate stress
A busy legal practice is loaded with deadlines. Delegating tasks to a freelance paralegal on-demand allows you to devote your time to tasks you only you can perform, such as new client meetings and court appearances, without the stress of meeting your deadlines and all of your clients’ needs.
4. Grow your business
Having a freelance paralegal you can depend on allows you to grow your business in several ways.
- It seems like the busier you are, the more new cases you get. Instead of turning away work because you do not have the staff to handle more, you can delegate work to a reliable freelance paralegal.
- Working with a freelance paralegal gives you piece of mind in knowing when a big case comes in, you will have the assistance you need to handle the case, along with the rest of your caseload.
- Delegating tasks to a freelance paralegal will free up some of your time to focus on marketing to new clients.
5. Receive additional revenue
All of the above translate to additional revenue for you and your firm.
- Obtaining high-quality legal assistance with no recruiting, no training, and little direction saves you and your firm time and money.
- Not paying a full-time salary, benefits, overhead costs, and recruiting costs when you only need assistance part-time also saves you and your firm time and money.
- Delegating tasks to a freelance paralegal helps alleviate your stress, which translates to better client service, which translates to more client referrals. In addition, it allows you to take bigger cases and/or more cases without turning work away. More work means more money.
There are only so many hours in a day. In addition to the above, you can bill your time during the same hours a freelance paralegal is billing time. Any amount you bill your client over and above the hourly rate the freelance paralegal bills to you is your direct profit.
We are a new freelance paralegal service based in the Twin Cities, Minnesota and we are here to help you!
Click here to learn more about us.
Contact us today.Read More